We are looking for new team members
Web designers plan, create and code web pages, using both non-technical and technical skills to produce websites that fit the customer’s requirements.
They are involved in the technical and graphical aspects of pages, producing not just the look of the website, but determining how it works as well. Web designers might also be responsible for the maintenance of an existing site.
The term web developer is sometimes used interchangeably with web designer, but this can be confusing. Web developing is a more specialist role, focusing on the back-end development of a website and will incorporate, among other things, the creation of highly complex search functions.
The recent growth in touchscreen phones and tablet devices has dictated a new way of designing websites, with the web designer needing to ensure that web pages are responsive no matter what type of device a viewer is using. Therefore the need to test websites at different stages of design, on a variety of different devices, has become an important aspect of the job.
Web designer duties can vary depending upon the type of organisation worked for and the technical level of the website, but can include:
- meeting clients to identify their needs and liaising regularly with them;
- drawing up detailed website specifications;
- designing sample page layouts including text size and colours;
- designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs;
- registering web domain names and organising the hosting of the website;
- presenting initial design ideas to clients;
- working with different content management systems;
- search engine optimisation;
- meeting relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy;
- designing the website’s visual imagery and ensuring it’s in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client;
- proofreading content and making changes where necessary;
- editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages;
- working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers;
- liaising with outside agencies;
- testing the website to ensure it is working;
- handing the completed website over to the client;
- post-sales technical support;
- training client’s staff;
- researching current design trends;
- continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.
Photographers create permanent visual images for an exceptional range of creative, technical and documentary purposes.
A professional photographer usually works to a brief set by the client or employer.
Examples of image content include wedding, family and baby photographs, fashion, food, architecture and landscapes.
A large proportion of professional photographers are self-employed. The remainder work for a variety of employers, including creative businesses, publishers and photographic agencies, or in the education or public sector.
Types of photographer
Most professional photographers specialise in one area, such as:
- fine art;
- social photography – also known as general practice, which includes weddings, commercial and portraiture photography.
Exact tasks vary according to the specialisation. However, common activities for most photographers include:
- working with clients to discuss the images they require and how they want to use them;
- seeking out appropriate photographic subjects and opportunities;
- carrying out research and preparation for a shoot;
- working in different locations and in different circumstances to get the right image;
- using an extensive range of technical equipment, including cameras, lenses, lighting and specialist software;
- communicating with photographic subjects, putting them at ease, encouraging them and directing them;
- arranging still life objects, products, scenes, props and backgrounds;
- liaising with other professionals, including graphic designers, writers, gallery managers, picture researchers, commissioning editors and art directors;
- managing the processing and use of images, discussing technical problems, checking for quality and dealing with clients’ concerns;
- preparing proofs for approval;
- compiling finished products for sale, such as albums and framed prints;
- understanding traditional film and digital photography and keeping up to date with industry trends, developments and new techniques;
- developing expertise with software to digitally enhance images by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults or moving objects around;
- developing a good portfolio, building a network of contacts and achieving a reputation for quality and reliability in order to secure future assignments;
- self-marketing by, for example, producing business cards, postcards and promotional materials and creating and maintaining a website.
Many graduates start out as a photographer’s assistant, spending a great deal of time on routine administration and helping out around the studio.
Need a change? Want an Adventure?
We need amazing, creative, flexible, dynamic, experienced and all-round-good web developers to join our team.
- Proficient in PHP, Perl, Bash, MySQL
- Knowledge of PHP Frameworks
- Knowledge of Linux-based Operating System
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Is able to speak fluent English
- Has a reliable high speed internet connection.
- Has knowledge/understanding of the Hosting Industry
- Development & Maintenance of Internal Applications
- Development & Maintenance of Client-facing Applications
- Server-side Programming
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Specialist to help us in our overall marketing efforts. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion.
A Marketing specialist should be a competent professional able to grasp consumer behavior trends and generate creative ideas. You will be passionate about your field and well-versed in specialized marketing concepts, principles and tactics.
The goal is to deliver effective marketing programs that will help our customers reputation and growth.
- Conduct market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.)
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, TV etc.)
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
- Proven experience as marketing specialist or similar role
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite & CRM) and applications (Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development tools (e.g. Dreamweaver) desired
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind